Vibromera forum

Author Topic: Crankshaft balancing machine (from user's questions)  (Read 5485 times)

Offline Vibromera

• View Profile
Crankshaft balancing machine (from user's questions)
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:52:23 AM »
>Hi! Can i use this in a crankshaft balancing machine? Do you have pictures of this equipment used in a crankshaft balancer? Does one need to use testweights for balancing? Thanks

Yes, you can use -1 for measuring vibration and finding solution for the two-plane dynamic balancing in a crankshaft balancing machine.
Trial weights are required in any case, because -1 using influence coefficient method. Also sometimes required bobweights. It depends from crankshaft\piston engine construction (pistons number etc) Try to search "crankshaft balancing bobweight" in Internet.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:46:33 PM by Andrew »

Offline Vibromera

• View Profile
Re: Crankshaft balancing machine (from user's questions)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 02:29:23 PM »
Hi! Thanks for prompt reply!

Im new to balancing so i have a lot of questions, hope you can help me with some of them;

-what sensors are your system using and what sensors would i need to use hard bearings? Do you offer sensors to work with hard bearings?

How much movement in the bearings is needed to measure unbalance?

Do i need 4 planes to ballance crankshafts and flywheels? Does the plane refer to positions along the shaft being balanced or does it refer to the axis of measurement?

-do i need a degree wheel to find the point of correction after balancing or will the software and laser locate the position as i turn the crank by hand or is this only possible using a encoder sensor for rotational measurement? Is it possible to get this system with encoder instead of laser tach?

-do you have more pictures, drawings or measurements of the sensors? Are the sensors directional when you fit them to the bearings?

-What is the software requirements? Can i for instance use a windows based tablet?

-i would really like a system similar to the one on the attached photo, where it sits on a milling machine and i have a certain idea how to make the bearings and the drive system but my main concern is to get the bearings to work with the sensors. I have attached a simple sketch of the bearing design im thinking of, based on two pieces of 350x150x20mm aluminium plates, milled with a V-pattern with teflon bearings on top, an area to fit the sensors straight below the V, and mill out the main centre portion to allow for minor movement/vibration and support it with a rubber bushing to prevent excessive movement, what do you think of this idea?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:47:34 PM by Andrew »

Offline Vibromera

• View Profile
Re: Crankshaft balancing machine (from user's questions)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 03:11:56 PM »
Q1-what sensors are your system using and what sensors would i need to use hard bearings? Do you offer sensors to work with hard bearings?

A1 yes, we offer sensors for hard bearing. it's sensors of the force (pressure). See pictures below.

Installing sensors and balancing stand supports construction

Installing sensors

Sensors
Q2 How much movement in the bearings is needed to measure unbalance?
A2  "movement in the bearings" - is it RPM or  deformation of the supports?
Lowest RPM is 400-600 RPM.

Q3 Do i need 4 planes to ballance crankshafts and flywheels? Does the plane refer to positions along the shaft being ballanced or does it refer to the axis of measurement?

A3 No, to balancing crankshafts 2 planes balancer required, (4-planes no needed), because it's a rigid .
About balancing planes see picture below

Q4 -do i need a degree wheel to find the point of correction after ballancing or will the software and laser locate the position as i turn the crank by hand or is this only possible using a encoder sensor for rotational measurement? Is it possible to get this system with encoder instead of laser tach?

A4 Laser is used as zero point sensor only. It can't show point (position) to add correction weight. Software show correction weight position (angle)   from testweight position. You can use degree wheel  to counting angle or encoder to counting angle by software. Using   laser and degree wheel is more simple.

Q5-do you have more pictures, drawings or measurements of the sensors? Are the sensors directional when you fit them to the bearings?

A5 Yes, see above

Q6--What is the software requirements? Can i for instance use a windows based tablet?
A6 You can use any Windows from XP to Win10, but not WinCE.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:38:26 AM by Andrew »